Cadiz Climate & Temperature
- Cadiz, Spain is at 36°31'N, 6°18'W, 14 m (46 ft). See map.
- Cadiz has a hot mediterranean/ dry-summer subtropical climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Csa) that is mild with moderate seasonality. Summers are dry and hot due to the domination of subtropical high pressure systems while winters experience moderate temperatures and changeable, rainy weather due to the polar front. These climates usually occur on the western sides of continents between the latitudes of 30° and 45°. Vegetation is adapted to the dry summers and is fragrant and oily making it susceptable to fire. The typical Mediterranean climate average monthly temperatures in excess of 22.0 °C (71.6 °F) in its warmest month and an average in the coldest month between 18 to -3 °C (64 to 27 °F) with at least four months above 10 °C (50 °F). Seasonality is moderate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Csa).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Cadiz is situated in or near the subtropical dry forest biome.
- The average temperature is 18.1 degrees Celsius (64.6 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 12.5 °C (22.5°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype truly oceanic.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 15.7°C (60.2°F) on average falling to 9.7°C (49.4°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 20°C (68°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 13.3°C (56°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 26.7°C (80°F) and average low temperatures are 19.7°C (67.4°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 23°C (73.4°F) during the day and lows of 16.7°C (62°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 641 mm (25.2 inches) which is equivalent to 641 Litres/m² (15.72 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 3061 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Cadiz you would come out nearest to the climate station at Mairetahi, New Zealand.
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Cadiz, Spain Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides: